Find a Yarn Store Near You
If you ever have a chance to visit these stores in person, take the opportunity to go and be inspired! Nothing compares to seeing and touching a yarn in person. The following stores carry our patterns, and many of them may have display garments worked up from our patterns so you can see how the finished item should look.
AL | AZ | CA | CO | CT | DE | FL | GA | IA | IL | IN | KS | KY | LA | MA | MD | ME | MI | MN | MO | MS | MT | NC | ND | NH | NJ | NM | NY | OH | OK | OR | PA | RI | SC | TN | TX | UT | VA | VT | WA | WI | WV | WY
A Flyin' Skein (Seward, www.aflyinskein.com)
Debi's Little Yarn Shop (Fairhope, www.bsumrall.com) - Art gallery/knit shop in the quaint resort area on Mobile Bay near the Gulf coast that always has a lot of knitters and crocheters around the table. This store carries unusual yarns including hand-painted yarns, wools, novelty yarns, cottons and much more.
In the Making, LLC (Birmingham, www.shopinthemaking.com)
Knit Nouveau (Helena, www.knitnouveau.com)
Jessica Knits (Scottsdale, www.jessicaknits.com) - A fresh knitting store in Scottsdale, Arizona’s McDowell Mountain Ranch. Jessica Knits is your one stop knit shop, whether you need your first pair of needles, or you’ve been knitting for years.
- Knit 1 Bead 2 (Jerome, www.knit1bead2.com)
Purls, Ltd. (Tuscon, 520.797.8118)
- ABC's of Creative Pursuits (Bakersfield, www.abcsofcreativepursuits.com)
- A Major Knitwork (Van Nuys, 818.787.2659)
- A Mano Yarn Center (Los Angeles, 310.397.7170)
- Alamitos Bay Yarn Company (Long Beach, www.yarncompany.com)
- Anacapa Fine Yarns (Ventura, www.anacapafineyans.com)
- Ancient Pathways (Fresno, www.ancientpathways.com)
- Article Pract - (Oakland / Bay Area, www.articlepract.com) - For the practical art of knitting, they offer a clean, well lighted place for knitting yarns from fine to funky.
- A Stitch In Time (San Marino, 626.793.5217)
- Babetta's Fine Yarn & Gifts (Fair Oaks, www.babettasfineyarnandgifts.com)
- BB's Knits (Santa Barbara, 805.569.0531)
- Calistoga Yarn Shop (Calistoga, 707.942.5108)
Carolina Homespun (San Francisco, www.carolinahomespun.com)
- Catalina Crafters (Avalon, 310.510.3590)
- Classy Knits & Yarns (Bakersfield, www.classyyarns.com)
CloseKnit (Riverside, www.closeknitter.com)
- Common Threads (Encinitas, 760.436.6119)
- Concepts in Yarn & Needlepoint (Torrance, 310.791.3800)
- Continental Stitch (Morgan Hill, 408.779.5885)
- Craft Creations Knitting Studios (Valencia, www.knittingandcrochet.com)
- Crochet Café (Temecula, 951.676.1600)
- Designer Hand Knits (Riverside, 951.275.9711)
- Designer Yarns (Ojai, 805.646.9915)
- Elegance Designer Yarns (Pasadena, www.edy.org)
- Emmalines (Glendale, www.emmasknitworks.com)
- Fanciwerks Yarn Shoppe (Apple Valley, 760.961.0113)
- FashionKnit (Walnut Creek / Bay Area , www.fashionknit.net)- FashionKnit is a one-stop knitting boutique offering an up to date selection of today's most exciting yarns, wide selection of stylish patterns and instructive classes, all housed in a friendly spacious and creative atmosphere.
- Fibers (Grass Valley, www.fibersgrassvalley.com)
- Foxyknits (Beverly Hills, www.foxyknits.com)
- Full Thread Ahead, Inc. (Los Altos, www.fullthreadahead.com)- Full Thread Ahead, Inc. is a new downtown Los Altos yarn shop catering to knitters and crocheters of all levels and ages. Our friendly, enthusiastic staff invites you in to explore our unique yarns, patterns, and atmosphere. Join us on the sofa for classes, open knit or visit our website.
- Heartstrings Yarn Studio (Chico, 530.894.1434) HeartStrings Yarn Studio is a knitter's paradise with an enormous selection of natural and novelty yarns from baby alpaca to hand dyed silk. They carry fine yarn from all over the world and the largest selection of needles and accessories in Chico. They offer special orders, classes, private lessons and technical assistance as well as comfortable chairs for you to sit and choose color combinations or begin your project.
- ImagiKnit (San Francisco, www.imagiknit.com) With the Bay Area's largest and most comprehensive collection of yarn and accoutrements, the friendly and knowledgable staff at Imagiknit will always help you find that perfect project!
- Institute of Synergy Arts (Murrieta, 951.541.8816)
- The Ivy Cottage (Los Banos, 209.826.0807)
- Jennifer Knits (Los Angeles, www.jenniferknits.com)
- Knit and Purl Boutique (Santa Barbara, knitsb.blogspot.com)
- Knitterly (Petaluma, 707.762.YARN) Knitterly strives to provide interesting lovely yarns with the finest service possible and at reasonable prices. Owners Deborah Bean and Shelli Westcott bring a unique set of talent: Deborah is a master knitter, with a talent for figuring out ways to mend errors when ever possible rather than just ripping out. Shelli is a relatively new knitter, but brings an incredible talent for design and color to aid our customers in creating fun and functional hand knits.
- Knitting Nook (Banning, 951.849.5340)
- The Knitting Room (Lodi, 209.334.2680)
- Knitique (Elk Grove, 916.714.7719)
- Knit Cafe (Los Angeles, www.knitcafe.com)
- Knit 'n Stitch (Riverside, 951.684.7632)
- Knitting in La Jolla (La Jolla, 858.456.4687)
- Lani's Needlepoint and Knitworks (Studio City, www.lanisneedlepoint.com)
- L'Atelier (Redondo Beach, 310.791.1522)
- Loris Frames, Fibers and Frills (Alpine, www.lorisframesfibersandfrills.com)
- Machine Knitting Emporium (San Leandro, www.knitmke.com)
- Marin Fiber (San Rafael, www.marinfiberarts.com)
- Michael Levine, Inc (Los Angeles, 213.689.1363)
- Muse (Helena, 707.967.9500)
- Needle in a Haystack (Montrose, www.needlestack.com) They carry everything for the needleworker, including a large variety of knitting yarns, books and accessories.
- Needle World (Sherman Oaks, www.needleworld.com) - Needle World specializes in unique fibers from around the world and is also known for its personalized services, including custom patterning and finishing.
- Noble Knits West (Oceanside, www.nobleknits.com)
- Noe Knit (San Francisco, www.noeknit.com)
- Purlescence Yarns (Sunnyvale, www.purlescenceyarns.com)
- Purls & Girls (Turlock, 209.664.9939)
- Rainbow Yarn (Hesperia, 760.948.3316)
- Richard's Arts & Crafts (Livermore, 925.447.0471)
- Skein (Pasadena, members.aol.com/skeinyarns) Skein is a fine yarn store. They are committed to selling quality and fashion yarns for their customers' knitting needs.
- Skein Lane (El Cerrito, www.skeinlane.com)
- Stitch Cafe (Valley Village, www.stitchcafe.com) A comfortable, cozy setting to support a community of knitters and crocheters, Stitch Cafe is the only store in LA that offers spinning, weaving and hand dyeing workshops. They carry their own line of hand painted yarns that range from novelty to cashmere, and host an environment that caters equally to knitters and crocheters.
- Stitch Paradise (Fremont, 408.394.2054)
- Stitches From the Heart (Los Angeles, www.stitchesfromtheheart.org )
- Studio Knit (Mill Valley, www.studio-knit.com)
- The Inside Job (Pacific Palisades, 310.454.6974)
- The Knitter's Studio (Los Angeles, www.theknitters-studio.com)
- The Scarlet Skein (Atascadero, 805.466.YARN)
- The Sheared Sheep (Costa Mesa, www.theshearedsheep.com)
- The Swift Stitch (Santa Cruz, www.theswiftstitch.com)
- The Urban Craft Center (Santa Monica, www.theurbancraftcenter.com)
- The Yarn Collection (Mill Valley, 415.383.9276)
- The Yarn Lady (Laguna Hills, www.yarnlady.com)
- The Yarn Place (Capitola, www.theyarnplace.com)
- Vanessa's Needlepoint (San Mateo, www.vanessasneedlepoint.com)
- Velona Needlecraft (Anaheim Hills, www.velona.com)
- Village Spinning & Weaving (Solvang, www.villagespinweave.com ) They carry everything for the spinner, weaver, knitter and lacemaker. Hand dip-dyed yarns are their specialty as are the exotics like silk, qiviut and cashmere.
- Unwind (Burbank, www.unwindyarn.com) Unwind is knitting for your body and mind. Their displays invoke the old-fashioned candy store where the colors, textures and flavors leap from the shelves and spark your creativity. They encourage you to try new yarns, and to challenge your perceptions of what knitting and crochet should be. Through their classes and special events, discover your hidden talents and a passion for the craft.
- Urban Knitting Studio (San Francisco, www.urbanknitting.com) Located in Hayes Valley, one of San Francisco’s remaining neighborhood which prides itself in being supported by independently owned, local businesses. More than just a knitting store, Urban Knitting Studio creates a modern and unique twist on the traditional craft. The physical space is industrial in design creating a gallery backdrop for the colorful display of imaginative yarns. An inviting and collaborative atmosphere, the environment is a peaceful haven for knitters to retreat and browse for inspiration. Classes and workshops for all levels are also offered.
- Yarndogs(Los Gatos, www.yarndogs.com) A warm, friendly yarn shop filled with a wide variety of yarns, patterns, and books and a helpful staff that is happy to assist you anytime.
- Yarn Garden (Studio City, 818.769.1819)
- Yarnology (Arroyo Grande, 805.489.5648) Located in the Central Coast of California about an hour north of Santa Barbara with 2 fabulous golf courses within minutes of the shop. A trendy, yet classy high end funky little shop for the true yarnologist. They offer great yarn, spinning classes and supplies.
- Yarns On First (Napa, 707.257.1363)
- Yarns 'N More (Palm Desert,
- A Knitted Peace (Littleton, www.aknittedpeace.com)
- Ewenique Yarns (Denver, 303.377.6336)
- Gossamer Threads(Durango, 575 E 4th Ave.)
- Knitter's Kove(Colorado Springs, 719.633.8008)
- Knitty Cat (Centennial, www.knittycat.com)
- Needle Cottage (Grand Junction, 970.245.2284)
- String, A Knitting Boutique (Highlands Ranch, www.stringboutique.com)
- The Stitchin' Den (Estes Park, 970.577.8210)
- Yarn (Durango, www.yarndurango.com)
- The Yarn Studio (Minturn, 970.949.7089)
- Ellyn Cooper's Yarn Sonnets (Sprauge, 860.822.0829)
- Knitting Central (Westport, www.knittingcentral.com)
- Knotty Knit & Yarn Club (Fairfield, www.knottygirlknits.com)
- Lula's Melange ( Naugatuck, 203.723.9276)
- The Yarn Barn (Woodbridge, www.theyarnbarn.com) - The Yarn Barn carries a huge selection of exciting and unique yarns, buttons and threads to complement Stitch Diva Studio patterns. They are happy to help you select and combine yarns as well as to troubleshoot any knit or crochet difficulties that you may encounter.
- Stitch DC (Washington DC, www.stitchdc.com )
- Anneke's Needleworks (South Miami, www.annekesneedleworks.com)
- Elegant Stitches (Miami, www.tropicalyarns.com) The largest yarn store in the southeast US, they have over 700 different yarns, and teach a wide variety of classes.
- KnitWitz, Inc (Jacksonville, www.knitwitzinc.com)
- Sip & Knit (Winter Park, www.sipandknit.com) Sit, Sip & Knit! Over 225 different yarns from basic to WOW! Supplies and instruction also available. Open Tue thru Sat.
- Something Special Yarn Shop (Delray Beach, 561.638.5648) Something Special Yarn Shop believes in the specialness of each person, therefore a craft item created with the love, effort, time, caring, enjoyment and talent of that person renders that item something special. Perhaps the item is not technically perfect, that is immaterial. Something Special Yarn Shop - Where everything you create is something special! They are also planning to provide free yarn delivery for orders over $50.
- The Flying Needles (Belleair Bluffs, 727.581.8691) The Flying Needles is a full service shop specializing in unique yarns and hand painted needlepoint. They are the largest shop in the Tampa Bay area, doing business since 1962.
- The Local Needle (Macclenny, www.localneedle.com)
- The Yarn Garden (Ft. Walton Beach, www.yarn-garden.com) - The Yarn Garden offers knitting and crochet yarns and supplies to fit any style or season. The friendly staff will assist you with any project!
- Tropical Yarns (Miramar, www.tropicalyarns.com ) The largest yarn store in the southeast US, they have over 700 different yarns, and teach a wide variety of classes.
- Uncommon Threads (Palm Harbor, 727.784.6778) - Uncommon Threads is a total fiber arts store which caters to artisans that knit, crochet, weave, spin, and bead. They offer yarns that range from basic to outrageous, as well as classes and equipment.
- Unwind (Fort Walton Beach, www.unwindwithyarn.com)
- Creative Yarns (Macon, creativeyarns.net)
- Knitch (Russellville, www.shopknitche.com)
- Knitting Emporium (Kennesaw, www.knittingemporium.com)
- Knot of Yarn (Cumming, 770.205.9339)
- The Whole Nine Yarns (Woodstock, www.thewholenineyarns.com)
- Wild Fibre (Savannah, www.wildfibreyarns.com)
- Donna's (West Des Moines, www.donnascollections.com) - A family owned and operated specialty store and boutique located in Historic Valley Junction in West Des Moines, they have served their customers for over 20 years. They cater to women with a flare for "beyond the ordinary", providing not only yarns, but clothing, accessories and gifts.
- Purls, A Yarn Studio (Des Moines, 515.279.2147)
- Chix with Stix (Forest Park, 708.366.6300)
- Country Lace & Wood Creations (Moroa, 217.794.5048)
- Fringe, a knitting salon (Aurora, www.fringeknitting.com)
- The Gifted Purl(West Dundee, www.giftedpurl.com)
- Have Ewe Any Wool? (Elmhurst, www.haveeweanywool.com)
- I'd Rather Be Knitting Yarn Studio (Longrove, www.idratherbeknitting.com)
- Knitche (Downer's Grove, www.knitche.com)
- Kool Knits (Naperville, www.koolknits.com) - Nestled in historic downtown Naperville, Kool Knits is a full service yarn shop featuring over 1,200 square feet of yarn, patterns and accessories. Whether its yarn for a simple pair of socks or the latest fashion trend, you'll find what you are looking and then some amidst the cubes of yarn.
- Loopy Yarns (Chicago, www.loopyyarns.com)
- Serendipity Stitches (Lincoln, 217.732.8811)
- Sticks & Stones Innovations (Jacksonville, 217.245.1605)
- String Theory Yarn Co. (Glen Ellyn, www.stringtheoryyarncompany.com)
- The Flying Colors (Clarendon Hills, 630.325.0888)
- The Perfect Touch (Joliet, www.ptyarns.com) Established in 1980, the Perfect Touch features quality domestic and international yarns for knit, crochet and needlepoint. They also handle books, patterns and supplies for your needlework needs.
- The Yarn Shoppe(Herrin, 618.988.9276)
- Three Bags Full Knitting Studio (Northbrook, 847.291.9933)
- Unique Yarns (Loves Park, 815.282.5481)
"See the Difference" at Unique Yarns, Inc. Loves Park, IL. Fun
novelty yarns, Fabulous colors and Luscious textures...fun from around the
- Ewe-nique Knits (Goshen, 574.537.1414)
- Four Ladies NeedleArt (Evansville, www.fourladiesneedleart.net)
- Sheep's Clothing Knitting Supply (Valparaiso, 219.462.1700) - Sheep's Clothing is located in northwest Indiana about 60 miles from downtown Chicago. They have an extensive collections of yarns, books, and needles for your knit and crochet needs and a year round class schedule.
- Stitch by Stitch (Highland, 219.924.2667)
- Stitches & Scones (Westfield, www.stitchesnscones.com)
- Yarns Unlimited (Bloomington, www.yarnsunlimited.com)
- Needle Nest (Louisburg, 913.837.5277)
- Twist (Wichita, www.twistyarnshop.com)
- Wildflower Yarns (Manhattan, www.wildflowerknits.com)
- Yarns (Salina, www.yarnssoldandtold.com)
- Enchanted Yarn & Fiber (Russellville, www.enchantedyarnandfiber.com)
- Knitwits Contemporary Yarn Shop (Fort Mitchell, www.knitwitsyarnshop.com)
- Stone's Throw Artisans (Georgetown, www.stonesthrowartisans.com)
- The Knit Nook (Louisville, www.knitnook.com) - Louisville's new source for fine yarns, knitting needles, crochet hooks, patterns and project ideas, related magazines and publications, and FUN!!!
- The Stitch Niche (Lexington, 859.277.2604)
- Knits by Nana (Baton Rouge, www.knitsbynana.com)
- Needle Arts Studio (Metarie, 504.832.3050)
- The Yarn Nook (Crowley) Located in the Historic District, the shop will have a gourmet coffee bar and a sitting area for customers to sit and enjoy their coffee while they work on their knitting or crochet projects. They will have specialty yarn, crochet & knitting supplies, how to and pattern books, designer hand made bags, handmade jewelry, various other handmade items as well as classes and workshops.
- Classic Yarns of Grafton (North Grafton, www.classicyarnsofgrafton.com)
- kpixie (East Bridgewater, www.kpixie.com)
- Spark Craft Studios, Inc (Somerville, www.sparkcrafts.com)
- Tessille A Mano (Newburyport, 888.465.0551) - Unexpected textiles with a twist! Using silks, mohairs, fabrics, wools, ribbons and specialty fibers to create one of a kind creations. Techniques include knitting, felting, and needle arts. Classes, workshops and retreats and the Morrill Place Inn.
- The Creative Stitch (Cohasset, 781.383.0667)
- WEBS, America's Yarn Store (Northampton, www.yarn.com)
- Folk Art Studio and Cafe (Bowie, 301.809.0193) - Fulfilling practical luxuries and functional addictions for art, fiber, music and java - in their relaxed and bohemian atmosphere, you'll discover a place for you. Enjoy espresso, drinks, gourmet pastries and savories, drop in to paint your own pottery, shop for artisan yarns and learn to knit or crochet.
- Handknitting.com (Lutherville, www.handknitting.com)
- Knit + Stitch = Bliss (Bethesda, www.knitandstitch.com)
- Three Irish Girls (Rockville, www.ThreeIrishGirls.com)
- Woolwinders: A Knitting Salon (Rockville, www.woolwinders.com) - A knitting salon where "Your Project is our Passion." They carry extraordinary yarns along with a wide selection of patterns for all tastes and interests.
- Woolstock Knit Shop (Glyndon, www.woolstock.com)
- KnitWit Yarn Shop (Portland, www.yarnonthebrain.com) A unique yarn store serving mean cappuccino and homemade goodies. They carry many unusual patterns appealing to younger and traditional knitters alike. They carry Noro, Rowan, Garnstudio, Dale of Norway, Colinette, Mission Falls, Debbie Bliss, Cascade, Euroyarns and Manos.
- Unique One (Camden, www.uniqueone.com)
- Yardgoods Center (Waterville, 207.872.2118)
- City Knits (Detroit, www.cityknits.com)
- City Knitting (Grand Rapids, www.city-knitting.com)
- Crafty Lady Trio (Macomb, www.Craftyladytrio.com)
- Hampton Mills (Birmingham, www.hamptonmills.com) - Hampton Mills is a knitting boutique dedicated to providing the best selection of fibers in an aesthetically pleasing environment with excellent customer service. They offer today’s knitter and crocheter a home to foster their creativity and enthusiasm for the needle arts.
- Indigo Rose (Sterling Heights, 248.650.6056)
- Knit A Round Yarn Shop (Ann Arbor, www.knitaround.com) - The shop is large, airy, bright and clean. Offering an extensive line of yarns, notions, book, patterns, and classes, this store strives to provide the very best customer service in order to make knitting fun for everyone.
- Knitter's Kove (Commerce, 248.366.8136) - Customers claim that this is the most friendly and knowledgeable store in the area, offering a huge variety of fibers, patterns, books and accessories.
- Knitting Room (Birmingham, www.knittingroom.com)
- Neighborhood Knits (Dearborn, neighborhood-knits.com)
- Rae's Yarn Boutique (Lansing, 517.336.9276)
- Right Off the Sheep (Birmingham, 248.646.7595)
- Skeins on Main Yarn Co (Rochester, www.skeinsonmain.com)
- Stitching Memories (Portage, www.stitchingmem.com)
- Sweet Celeste's Fine Yarns (Mt. Clemens, 586.783.6243)
- Tawas Bay Yarn Co (Tawas City, www.TawasBayYarn.com)
- The Stitching Well (Bay City, 989.684.0231)
- Thistledown Shoppe (Suttons Bay, www.thistledownshoppe.com) Two blocks west of the Grand Traverse Bay, Thistledown Shoppe offers a colorful selection of yarns and ideas. Along with accessories for knitting and crochet, we carry basic sewing supplies. C Contact us for more information on knitting night and classes.
- Thread Bear Fiber Arts Studio (Lansing, 517.703.9276)
- Threadbender, Inc (Wyoming, 616.531.6641) Threadbender will wow you with a huge selection of incredibly beautiful yarns and patterns. Their aim is to provide unparalleled service and to carry beads, buttons, trims, bags, notions, books, magazines, and weaving supplies and equipment.
- Townfolk Gallery (Marquette, www.townfolkgallery.com)
- Vintage Yarns (Lambertville, 734.854.5648)
- Woven Art (East Lansing, www.mcrayweaving.com)
- Yarn Garden (Charlotte, www.yarngardenmichigan.com)
- Yarn Quest (Traverse City, 231.929.4277)
- Zehnder's - Rapunzel's (Frankenmuth, www.zehnders.com)
- Amazing Threads (Maple Grove, www.amazing-threads.com)
- Among the Pines (Pequot Lakes, www.amongthepines.com)
- Ben Franklin Crafts (Alexandria, 320.763.6619 )
- Ben Franklin Crafts (East Grand Forks, www.benfranklincraftsegf.com )
- Coldwater Collaborations (Excelsior, www.coldwateryarn.com)
- Freyja's (Brainerd, www.worldknit.com) Freyja's, a place to find something beautiful, something unusual and something luscious to eat. They are a full service knitting store including spinning wheels, fiber, weaving supplies and looms. Hungry after all that shopping? Complete your visit with something from their coffee bar where they serve espresso drinks, soup and sandwiches specializing in vegetarian fare.
- Skeins (Minnetonka, 612.939.4166) Skeins is seriously into novelties and hand dyed yarns. The Skeins philosophy is that playing with color and texture is the joy of knitting: after that it’s just execution.
- Silver Creek Cabin (Buffalo, www.silvercreekcabin.com)
- Tangled Skein Yarn Shop (St. Peter, 507.934.2433)
- Three Kittens Yarn Shoppe (St. Paul, 651.457.4969)
- Unraveled (Pequot Lakes, 218.831.2006)
- Yarn Garage (Rosemount, www.yarngarage.com)
- Zandy's Yarn (Burnsville, 952.890.3087)
- The Studio Knitting & Needlepoint (Kansas City, www.thestudiokc.com) - Located just a few blocks from the famous Country Club Plaza shopping district, the Studio Knitting and Needlepoint is located in a historic building that still sports the tin ceiling and wood floors. This yarn boutique offers the largest selection of novelty yarn in town and a very experienced staff to provide support and guidance at any stage of your project.
- Uniquely Yours, Inc (Rolla, www.uniquelyyoursmo.com)
- Joy's (Flowood, 601.936.0680)
- Yarns Downtown (Columbus, www.yarnsdowntown.com)
- Witty Knitters (Bigfork, 406.837.5648)
- Bella Filati Luxury Yarns (Southern Pines, www.bellafilati.com)
- Charlotte Yarn (Charlotte, www.charlotteyarn.com) Charlotte Yarn offers a large selection of yarns, needles, patterns, and notions for all your knitting and crocheting needs. We also have a variety of classes for all skill levels.
- Fine Yarns at Kimbeeba (Manteo, 252.473.6365)
- Great Yarns (Raleigh, www.great-yarns.com) - Offering great variety in yarn, knit and crochet accessories, beautiful and unusual buttons: visit their shop and meet their friendly, helpful staff!
- Knit One, Stitch Too (Huntersville, www.knitonestitchtoo.com)
- Knit Picky (Winston Salem, www.knitpickyyarns.com)
- Phootsy's Crochet Cottage (Jacksonville, www.phootsy.com)
- The Quarter Stitch (Wilmington, 910.392.0020)
- Quilts Like Crazy (Wake Forest, www.quiltslikecrazy.com)
- Stitch Fine Yarns (Charlotte, www.stitchcharlotte.com)
- The Sewing Bird (Charlotte, www.sewingbird.com)
- Sage Junction Yarns (Mandan, 701.663.2720)
- Yarn Renaissance (Fargo, 701.280.1478)
- Yarn Renaissance (Grand Forks, 701.775.7122)
- Knit New London (New London, www.knitnewlondon.com)
- The Weaving Edge (Lancaster, 603.788.4417)
- Close Knit (Ho Ho Kus, www.closeknityarns.com)
- Earth Faire (Newfoundland, www.earthfaire.com)
- Handknits (Englewood, www.handknits.net)
- Yarnware - www.yarnware.com
- Knitty Knotty (Westmont, www.knittyknottynj.com)
- The Knitting Room (Medford, 609.654.9003) - An upscale shop catering to the unique knitter. Carrying over 4,000 items including fine quality hand-dyed yarns, patterns, bags and notions, their yarn is displayed in antique furniture which blends with the tradition of the historic village of Medford.
- Woolly Lamb (Pennington, 609.730.9800)
- Needle's Eye (Santa Fe, www.needleseyesantafe.com) - Their mission is to teach and share their love of the needle arts with style and creativity for the next generation and beyond . . .
- Taos Sunflower Specialty Yarns (Arroyo Seco, www.taossunflower.com)
- Unravel (Las Cruces, www.unravelyarnshop.com)
- Adirondack Yarns (Lake Placid, www.adirondackyarns.com)
- Annie & Co., Needlepoint & Knitting (New York, www.annieandco.com)
- Circle of Yarn (Plattsburgh, 518.561.0010) - Circle of Yarn offers a variety of basic and novelty yarns as well as classes in knitting and crochet. An area of the store is set aside for classes and as a place for people who want to relax together while stitching!
- Cornwall Yarn Shop (Cornwall, www.cornwallyarnshop.com)
- Embraceable Ewe Yarn Shop (Hamburg, 716.646.6674)
- Expressions in Needleart (Canandaigua, 585.394.4870)
- Great Adirondack Yarn Co (Amsterdam, 518.843.3381)
- Keep Me in Stitches (Smithtown, www.keepmeinstitches.com)
- Knit N Purl (Rochester, www.knitnpurl.com)
- Knit Wits (Bayside, 718.229.0156)
- Knitting Nation (Nyack, www.knittingnation.com)
- North Fork Stitches (Cutchogue, www.northforkstitches.com)
- Saratoga Needle Arts (Saratoga Springs, www.saratoganeedlearts.com)
- Sticks and Strings (Scarsdale, 914.723.5478)
- The Village Yarn Shop (Rochester, 585.454.6064)
- Wild & Woolly Wools (Commack, www.wildandwoollywools.com)
- Wild Wools (Rochester, 585.271.0960)
- The Yarne Source (Rochester, 585.334.5350) - The Yarne Source is about much more than yarn, sweaters, needles, scarves and crocheting. Their success goes far beyond sales and merchandise: It’s about women connecting with women. It's about sharing, caring, and daring! It’s about the true meaning of — close knit! As my mother said this winter,” noted Zanni, “In cold Rochester, this is the hottest place in town!”
- Fiberge (Terrace Park, www.fiberge.com)
- Fine Points (Cleveland, www.finepoints.com)
- Hadleyville Stitchery (Cambridge, 740.432.2882)
- Knit Happens (Cincinnati, www.knit-happens.com) - This store offers a Knitting Salon created for knitters and crocheters to relax, stitch and experience their passion for needleart. Also offered are exquisite yarns from around the world, handmade needles, the most current and up-to-date fashion and home accessory patterns and books, as well as hand-knitted and crocheted clothing, gifts, and home accessories available for purchase. www.oasisyarn.com
- The Knitting room (Woodmere, www.theknittingroom.net)
- Lambikin's Hideaway Yarn & Stitchery (Hamilton, www.lambikinshideaway.com) Specializing in affordable, fine natural knitting yarn and cross stitch products from a variety of quality manufactures, they also offer a variety of classes in knitting and crocheting, and have a wonderful staff to aid you in your project selection.
- River Colors Studio (Lakewood, www.rivercolors.com)
- Sew Krazy (Wooster, www.sew-krazy.com) Sew Krazy caters not only to knit and crochet, but to all of the fiber arts.
- Temptations (Dublin, 614.734.0618)
- The Gigglepatch (Dover, www.gigglepatchgoods.com)
- Yarn Knit by Sue (Olmsted Falls, www.yarnknitbysue.com)
- Yarns & Fabrications (West Chester, www.yarnsandfabrications.com)
- Carol's Knitting Studio (Oklahoma City, 405.691.0892) The only place in the Oklahoma City Metro area where you will find a wide selection of fine yarns in an abundance of colors and textures with numerous supplies and patterns from traditional to trendy. A real delight for all knitters and crocheters. Plus, models of Carol's unique collection of hand knit wearable art, available for purchase, surrounds the warm and friendly atmosphere. Scheduled knitting classes weekly for all levels and special classes for children.
- Loops (Tulsa, www.loopsknitting.com)
a (Portland, www.abundantyarn.com)
- Specializes in natural dyeing and natural fibers.
Our Busy Bee Cafe features Stumptown coffee, local and organic foods and WiFi.
- All About Yarn (Tigard, 503.684.4851)
- Boersma's Knitting Basket (McMinnville, www.boersmas.com)
- Close Knit (Portland, www.closeknitportland.com)
- Dublin Bay Knitting Company (Portland, www.dublinbay.net)
- Fiber Arts Northwest (Portland, 503.224.3536) - Fiber Arts Northwest began earning its national reputation within weeks of opening in 2002. Supporting weaving, crochet, knitting, spinning and felting, this is the store that people turn to when looking for unique, quality fibers and yarns and hard-to-find supplies. As one customer put it on her blog, “these aren’t just yarns; these are art supplies!”
- Gossamer, The Knitting Place (Bend, www.gossamerknitting.com)
- Happy Knits (Portland, 503.830.5183 )
- Intuitivity (Gresham, 503.618.0038)
- Molehill Farm (Lake Oswego, www.molehillfarm.com)
- My Yarn Shop (Coos Bay, www.myyarnshop.com)
- Northwest Wools (Portland, www.northwestwools.com)
- Twisted (Portland, 503.922.1150)
- Yarn Garden (Portland, www.yarngarden.net) - Yarn Garden (of Portland) has been described as the Mother ship of Yarn Shops. They have more variety of yarn, books, patterns and accessories of anyplace in the Northwest.
- A Garden of Yarn (Chadds Ford, 610.459-5599) - Specializing in novelty fibers, this store has at least 10,000 balls of novelties in stock!! A Garden of Yarn also does UPS orders and usually ships the same day orders are received.
- Bonnie Knits (Monroeville, 412.856.7033)
- Cultured Purl (Erie, 814.836.7879)
- Frou Frou (Berwyn, 610.296.8597)
- Gazebo Plus (New Hope, www.gazeboplus.com)
- Glory-ous Knits (Watsontown, www.glory-ousknits.com)
- Endless Mountains Quiltworks (Tunkhannock, www.emquiltworks.com)
- Handworks (Smicksburg, www.smicksburg.com/handworks.htm ) Visit their studio anytime and you will find their artisans weaving , spinning or knitting blankets, sweaters , mittens and looping rugs.
- Knitting Software, Inc(Coraopolis, www.knittingsoftware.com)
- My Father's Beads and Yarns (Coopersburg, www.myfathersbeads.com)
- Noble Knits (Malvern, www.nobleknits.com)
- Olga's Gifts and Yarn Studio (Coudersport, www.eggdecorator.com)
- The Knutty Knitter (Harrisburg - 717.558.0488) - A small store which stocks a very large variety of yarns, needles, patterns and notions. As their radio ad states, "The Knutty Knitter is always willing to help!"
- The Main Skein (Ambler, 267-656-2228) A wide selection of yarns of many different types, patterns, buttons, bags, books, accessories, needles and hooks and many wonderful kits to inspire your creativity, as well as lessons in both knitting and crocheting.
- Yarnings (Skippack Pike, www.yarnings.com)
- Yarns By Design (Oakmont, www.YBDoakmont.com)
- Yarns Unlimited (Sewickley, 412.741.8894)
- Madejas (San Juan, www.madejas.com) - Small upscale yarn shop that offers fashion and traditional yarns, both domestic and European, for adults and children. Classes and workshops offered.
- A Stitch Above (Providence, www.astitchaboveknitting.com)
- And the Beadz Go On (Wickford, 401.268.3899)
- Bella Yarns (Warren, 401.247.7243, www.bellayarns.com) - Our inspiring collection of yarns, patterns and notions + our creativity, enthusiasm and knowledge = fulfilling, beautiful projects and really good karma.
- Barbara Sue Brody Needleworks (Aiken, www.barbarasuebrodie.com)
- Knit (Charleston, www.knitk.com)
- North Woods Farm Fiber & Yarn (Campobello, www.northwoodsfarmyarnshop.com)
- The Needle Tree (Greenville, 864.235.6060)
- Angel Hair Yarn Co. (Nashville, www.angelhairyarn.com) - AHYC has Nashville's widest selection of knitting and crocheting fibers as well as patterns, books, accessories, and gifts. Nearly 10 years old, they have just moved into a new spacious location, and their staff is very friendly and willing to help with any problems!
- Genuine Purl (Chattanooga, 453.267.7336)
- Haus of Yarn (Nashville, 615.354.1007)
- Loopville (Knoxville, www.loopvilleyarn.com)
- Rainbow Yarns & Fibres (Germantown, www.rainbowfibres.com)
- The Neighborhood Knit Shop (Hendersonville, 615.264.5886)
- The Yarn Studio (Memphis, www.yarnstudio.com) - At The Yarn Studio, yarns are carefully selected with emphasis on natural fibers and artistic flair, while a magical myriad of textures and designs present an atmosphere of warmth and creativity for the discriminating knitter/crocheter. A variety of classes are offered, as well as guidance and encouragement for beginning knitters.
- Threaded Bliss Yarns (Brentwood, www.threadedblissyarns.com)
- Bluebonnet Yarn Shoppe (Cedar Park, 512.259.4646)
- Desert Design Knitz (Dallas, www.desertdesignsknitz.com)
- Dot's Yarn Shop (Granbury, 817.579.9601)
- Fiber Circle (Farmersville, 972.782.6630)
- Hill Country Weavers (Austin, www.hillcountryweavers.com)
- Knitting in the Loop (Houston, www.knittingintheloop.net)
- Nimble Fingers - (Houston, 713.722.7244)
- Passionknit (Dallas, 214.346.0047)
- The Hen House (Spring, 281.379.7306)
- The Stitching Post (Midland, 432-697-1241) They have been in business for 26 yrs, carrying knitting, needlepoint, cross stitch, and Vera Bradley. Free beginner classes. Mail orders shipped daily.
- The Woolie Ewe - (Plano, www.woolieewe.com)
- Yarns 2 Ewe (Houston, www.yarns2ewe.com)
- Kamille's(West Jordan, www.kamilles.com)
- Stitchin' Station (Salt Lake City, www.zimcrafts.com) - Zim's Inc. (Owner of Stitchin' Station) has been in business for over 56 years. They manufacture, wholesale and have 2 retail craft stores and a specialty needlework shop "Stitchin' Station". They also do mail order.
- It's A Stitch (Charlottesville, www.itsastitchcville.com)
- fibre space (Alexandria, www.fibrespace.com)
- KnitWits Inc. (Virginia Beach, 757.495.6600)
- Mohair Madness (Charlottesville, 434.973.2222)
- Needle On The Square (Roanoke, 540.774.8797)
- The Needle Lady (Charlottesville, www.needlelady.com)
- Kaleidoscope Yarns (Essex Junction, www.kyarns.com) - Listed in Stitch and Bitch as having an "embarrassment of riches. Beautiful custom yarns and a huge selection of knitting supplies make this a favorite in the area" and also written up in Lucky Magazine as one of the top 5 shops for knitting supplies, Kaleidoscope yarns features a full spectrum of products for knitters and crocheters and has one of the best inventories in New England.
- Norhteast Fiber Arts Center (Williston, www.northeastfiberarts.com)
- Ana Cross Stitch (Anacortes, www.anacrossstitch.com)
- Apple Yarns, Inc. (Bellingham, www.appleyarns.com)
- Churchmouse Yarns & Teas (Bainbridge Island, 206.780.2686)
- Let it Rain Yarn (Mukilteo, 425.493.1181)
- Lamb's Ear (Tacoma, www.lambsearfarm.com)
- Great Yarns (Everett, www.greatyarns.com)
- Hilltop Yarn (Seattle, www.hilltopyarn.com) - Housed in a Craftsman mansion, Hilltop Yarns is a jewel box of colorful yarns nestled in original cabinetry and bookshelves. During warmer months come knit or crochet on their covered porch, in colder months the mansion houses secret spots, such as their cozy library, for knitting and crochet.
- Holy Threads (Edwall, 509.299.6657)
- Sew E-Z Too (Spokane, www.ezknit.com)
- The Fiber Gallery (Seattle, www.fibergallery.com) The Fiber Gallery is a friendly neighborhood store that carries a full line of natural-fiber and novelty yarns. They offer a unique collection of Earth-friendly fibers such as bamboo, soy, hemp; recycled cotton and silk; and organic wool and cotton. Knitters and crocheters are always welcome to gather in their roomy, sunny sitting area, and the tea is always hot.
- The Weaving Works (Seattle, www.weavingworks.com)
- Village Yarn & Tea Shop (Shoreline, www.villageyarnandtea.com)
- WildFibers (Mount Vernon, www.wildfibers.net) - A unique blend of traditional and contemporary yarns and supplies providing inspiration to fiber-artists of all ages and skill levels.
- Ben Franklin Crafts (LaCrosse, 608.788.6703)
- Black Purl (Wausau, www.blackpurldesigns.com)
- Edgewood Arts (Waupaca, www.visitwaupaca.com/edgewood)
- Ewenique Boutique: Yarns & Stitchery (St Croix Falls, www.eweniqueboutique.com)
- Knitting Tree (Madison, www.knittingtree.com)
- Lakeside Fibers (Madison, www.lakesidefibers.com) Lakeside Fibers features over 4,000 square feet of yarn overlooking Lake Monona and the Madison skyline. They have an incredible and diverse selection of yarns, patterns, classes and supplies for your next knitting or weaving project. Stop in and see the view!
- The Knitting Room (Fond du Lac, 920.906.4800)
- The Sow's Ear (Verona, www.knitandsip.com)
- Wool Gatherers (Greenville, 920.731.1824)
- Wool'n Weave (Abrams, www.woolnweave.com) Tracey Schuh, the proprietor, is a dealer of not just yarns, but also weaving looms, spinning wheels, and all fiber arts related products. I hand dye majority of my yarns, and will custom knit or weave for customers.
- Yellow Dog Knitting (Eau Claire, www.yellowdogknitting.com)
- Knit N Hook(Huntington, 304.697.9276)
- All That Yarn (Caspar, 307.232.8979)
Knit Happens [ONLINE ONLY] (Caulfield, www.knithappens.com.au)
The Wool Shack [ONLINE ONLY] (Perth, www.thewoolshack.com)
Knit One Chat Too (Calgary, www.knitonechattoo.com)
Mojo Yarn (Red Deer, 403.392.7455)
Three Bags Full Knit Shop (Vancouver, www.threebagsfull.ca)
Urban Yarns (Vancouver, www.urbanyarns.ca)
Karp Styles (Hay River, www.karpstyles.com)
Kitknit.ca (Toronto, www.kitknit.ca) - is a Canadian online store specializing in abundant Cascade 220 colours and other fine knitting products.
Knit One Purl One (Windsor, 519.973.4606)
Knitomatic (Toronto, www.knitomatic.com) - A new knitting shop in the St. Clair and Bathurst area offering quirky bags, pattern books, accessories, locally made knitted garments, and oodles of knitting and crochet supplies. It also runs classes and workshops at various age and skill levels, and hosts weekly "stitch and bitch" sessions, where fellow knit-wits can work on projects and socialize.
Lettuce Knit (Toronto, www.lettuceknit.com) - Nestled in Toronto's eclectic and vibrant Kensington Market, Lettuce Knit offers the next generation of knitters/crocheters a friendly and relaxed atmosphere to enjoy artistic yarns, the finest tools, and inspiring designs. We carry Koigu, Manos del Uruguay, Brown Sheep, Rowan, Mango Moon Recycled Silk, Blue Heron hand painted yarns, Mission Falls, Hemp for Knitting, and so much more!
Needles & Pins, Inc(London, www.needlesandpins.ca)
Ruti's Needlebed(Mississauga, www.interlog.com/~ruti/)
The Naked Sheep(Toronto, www.nakedsheep.ca)
Satori Craft Service (Stittsville, 613.836.1107)
Village Yarns(Toronto, www.villageyarns.com)
Wool N' Things(Ottawa, www.woolnthings.com)
Angel Yarns (Hove - Sussex, www.angelyarns.com)
KCG Trading Limited(Leeds, www.kcgtrading.com)
Loop (Islington, www.loop.gb.com)
Pavi Yarns (Northumberland, www.paviyarns.com)
CoolWoolz (Down - Waringstown, www.coolwoolz.co.uk)
This is Knit (Blackrock - Co. Dublin, www.thisisknit.ie)
Angel Yarns - www.angelyarns.com
Annie's Attic - www.anniesattic.com
Dream Weaver Yarns - www.dreamweaveryarns.com - Stylish, sexy designs and everything you need to create them.
Earth Faire - www.earthfaire.com
elann.com - www.elann.com
Foxy Knits - www.foxyknits.com
Kitknit.ca (Toronto, www.kitknit.ca) - is a Canadian online store specializing in abundant Cascade 220 colours and other fine knitting products.
Knit Picks - www.knitpicks.com
kpixie.com - www.kpixie.com
One Fine Yarn - www.onefineyarn.com
Pavi Yarns - www.paviyarns.com
SandraSingh.com - SandraSingh.com
Smiley's Yarns - www.smileysyarns.com
SuperCrafty - www.supercrafty.com
The Wool Shack - www.thewoolshack.com
Woolie Acres - www.woolieacres.com
Would your yarn store like to carry our patterns? Please click on wholesale link below. Are you a customer that would like to see our patterns carried in your local yarn store? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org