Learn how to crochet with an EXPERT from the comfort of your own home!
Go from zero knowledge to crocheter. Learn the techniques so that you can crochet with confidence! Kim Werker teaches you how in her online Craftsy class Crochet: Basics & Beyond.
Use this special discounted link to enroll.
Like all Craftsy classes, you can watch it whenever, wherever, forever with lifetime access and a full money-back guarantee!
These tutorials are the property of Stitch Diva Studios, and can not be reproduced or printed without the prior written consent of Stitch Diva Studios.
The art of crochet is enjoying a renaissance. Crochet is coming into its own after being treated as the ugly stepchild of knitting for so very long.
Choose from one of the tutorials below for further instruction on crochet. (All abbreviations are US Abbreviations, see our links for equivalents.)
- Single Crochet (sc)
- Half Double Crochet (hdc)
- Double Crochet (dc)
- Treble Crochet (tr)
- Double Treble Crochet (dtr)
- Slip Stitch (sl st)
Places to insert your hook
- Working into the Starting Chain
- Crochet around post of stitch from side of work
- Crochet into a chain space
- Crochet in between the posts of stitches
- Crochet in front/back loop only
- Crochet around post of stitch to create dimensional stitches
- Changing Colors at the beginning of a Row / Round