Hairpin Lace Loom - Handcrafted Walnut Frame
This product is handmade for each order. Due to high demand, please expect a possible delay in shipping of 2 weeks or more. Allison personally makes each item and will make yours as soon as she can.
Beautiful, fully adjustable and built to last: This handmade walnut hairpin lace loom is for craftspeople who take pleasure in both their tools and their projects.
In 2004, we asked Ed Jenkins of Jenkins Woodworking (formerly known as Artedje) to develop this truly unique hairpin lace frame and he exceeded our expectations. We recently asked him about modifying his already-great design so that the loom could work just as well for making very narrow strips as it works for making wide strips. Ed Jenkins exceeded our expectations again.
Each AGeary Woodworks hairpin lace loom is now individually crafted by Allison Geary.
During Autumn of 2012 Ed Jenkins started a silent search for a woodworker with skills and potential, someone whom he could train to make his crochet hooks, knitting needles and hairpin lace looms in order to have more time for making spindles and wheels. He has spent the past year (2013) passing on his knowledge to Allison Geary, a skilled and passionate young woodworker just beginning her career in creating fiber arts tools.
Having worked with Ed throughout this last year to create hooks, needles and looms, Allison is ready to continue the fiber-arts woodworking tradition that Ed and Wanda Jenkins established with us almost 10 years ago. We are pleased to offer the following unique fiber arts tool by AGeary Woodworks.
This new loom design incorporates bent-tip prongs and a new tensioning system so that now you can showcase the delicate detail of fine gauge wire just as easily as you can showcase the beauty of modern bulky yarns.
This frame has one of the widest range of adjustments we've seen. Not only can prong spacing can be configured from 1/2" to 6 1/8", but it has been engineered to accept your US#2/2.75mm knitting needles (not included) as additional guides. The frame ships with 2 walnut-tipped metal prongs.
- Purchase optional prongs as additional guides to provide maximum adjustability.
- Check out our limited-edition Hairpin Lace Frames in Exotic Woods.
- See our in-depth Hairpin Lace Tutorial to learn how to use this beautiful tool and take a look at our Hairpin Lace Patterns.
- Prong width adjustable from .5" to 6.25"
- 2 Metal "starter" prongs included - additional sets of prongs available for purchase.
- Copper-coated metal prongs provide approx. 10" of working length. Prong finials are slightly bent to accommodate smallest loom setting.
- Designed to accept US #2/2.75mm Knitting Needles (not included) as additional guides to provide maximum adjustability
- Disassembles to easily fit into your knitting needle case
- Each handmade walnut frame measures 8.75" long and .5" in diameter.
- Newly redesigned with brass screw clamps to hold the prongs securely.
You may also be interested in the following:
$8.00 As low as: $4.00
|Availability||Items are made to order and takes 2 - 4 weeks for delivery.|
|Returns Policy||Money back, or replacement is guaranteed if not satisfied.|
|Dimensions||Each handmade walnut frame measures 8.75" long and .5" in diameter.|
|Shipping Policy||We ship internationally! Exact shipping quote will be provided at checkout. Please be aware that we have no control over customs, duties and tax charged by countries outside of the USA. Please read.|